Learning Path For Self-Taught Digital Marketing Mastery
Prepare yourself to be successful, smart, motivated, and result-oriented digital marketer having the ability to develop marketing strategies, design savviness, content marketing, social media and ability to measure marketing performance through analytics.
The aim of this course is to help you self-learn digital marketing mastery using online courses, articles and videos. Our aim is to provide a comprehensive and guided study materials for career training and professional development in digital marketing. However, it is completely up to the learner’s ability to invest 16 – 18 hours of weekly time, focus and practice the learnings in the real-world environment to gain the mastery required to become a highly relevant digital marketing professional. During our intensive work with the college students and working professionals in the digital marketing field, we have found that this curriculum and the learning process has made them gain significant expertise on the subject and earn meaningful employment.
The self-learning digital mastery curriculum is designed based on the degree requirements of universities, online courses, articles published online by marketing experts, and job specifications published by leading companies worldwide.
How to effectively self-learn to achieve digital marketing mastery
We don’t have any commercial interest in displaying courses or articles here. Our sole motto is to provide a trustworthy curriculum for learners who want to have digital marketing career success:
- Courses must be free for learners except they are absolute must or one wants to get verified certificate
- Courses should be self-paced or offered regularly
- Fulfil the learning skills and abilities as outlined by the universities, academia, companies and relevance in the modern marketing context
- Be of a high quality, highly rated and recommended by the practitioners
- If we don’t find the course on specific topic, you may be recommended the book, articles, whitepaper or other relevant course materials
- The curriculum will keep evolving based on the learner’s experience, feedback and availability of better content as and when better materials are available online
How to self-learn and achieve digital marketing mastery
- Trends in marketing are constantly evolving. To remain relevant, you need to keep learning new skills, strategies, and tactics to stay relevant and get job done
- It requires constant practice, focus, and practical implementation experience to master the subject
- This course is based on the principles of deep learning which advocates for 10000 hours of constant practice to achieve mastery in any subject
- For every course listed below, you can skim through its introduction, relevance and usefulness for you. Once you are convinced, you can enroll for them and commit the time and efforts to complete it
- Most of the tools required for digital marketing getting job done are free; Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Hubspot, and many others. You can set up your account as the course progresses to experience and experiment your learning in the real world setup
- We also suggest you get a live project where you can implement your learning to see the real result. You can ask your acquaintances to help you with the project or register at seoclerks.com, fiverr.com, upwork.com and many others where people post their projects
- Our motto is to build a community of self-learner and we invite you to give us your feedback, share your experiences and contribute to making self-learning a highly effective for people who aspire to succeed in their career and life through self-learning
Every successful business is successful because it is able to effectively discover the customers interested in buying their product, able to convert their interest into a real purchase and convince customers to pay for it. As a marketer, your primary job will revolve around reaching out to the customers, create an aspirational brand value for the business, and create an overarching image of your company to establish it as an aspirational brand. And to get there you’ll need to know:
- How to develop likelihood in the mind of your customer because like leads to trust. Trust leads to buying. Buying leads to a relationship. Its the relationship with your customer that will lead you to the exponential success.
- You will need to communicate a high perceived value about your offering.
- Your marketing must help build confidence and convince customer about the product/fit to customer requirement.
It’s time you rise to the responsibility and take actions, because nothing happens until you do something to make it happen.
|Courses & Description||Duration||Efforts Required||Prerequisites|
|EDX: Introduction to Marketing|
Offered by Sauder School, through this course you will learn about the business challenges and how you can take decisions that align with customer and company goals using strategies and tools of marketing.
|2 weeks||6-8 hours per day||None|
|Marketing In the Digital World|
You will be able to navigate how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by shifting the balance of power from firms to consumers and in a way develop concepts that will make it easy for you to work on digital marketing projects.
|2 weeks||6-8 hours per day||None|
|Learn Digital With Google|
Kickstart your digital marketing learning with Google's free online courses and digital certification. The courses will guide you through everything from search engines, to social media and beyond to begin your path to digital marketer impressively.
|4 weeks||6-8 hours per day||Understanding of marketing concepts going through above 2 courses.|
Social media marketing is unavoidable and who else can teach it better than the Facebook itself. Learn social media marketing leveraging Facebook Marketing expertise and earn verified credentials for free.
|2 weeks||6-8 hours per day||Understanding of marketing concepts going through above 2 courses.|
What to do next?
- Update your LinkedIn profile and curriculum-vitae with the certificates you have earned going through above courses.
- Go to the job sites and search for your marketing job in the companies you dream to work. Read their job specification, requirements and reflect on your preparedness.
- Start identifying the ads on various websites, search engine, and social media sites. Start analyzing them based on your learning to develop insights.
- Check out the marketing books and other resources as recommended by experts and various professionals to further strengthen your learning.
- Visit meetup.com and search for the digital marketing events in your city. Try to attend events as you’ll be able to enhance your skills and network with people to enhance your professional circle.
- Register yourself on upwork.com, fiverr.com, and seoclerks.com to start applying for gigs that match your current skills. Working on the real project will certainly help you gain practical insights.
Reference Books and Resources
by Al Ries & Jack Trout
This book will take you through the journey of how every marketing campaign can be attributed to 22 laws of marketing. Using examples of big brands, the book will certainly strengthen your skill to apply 22 laws in the marketing you are going to do in any organization.
by Seth Godin
A must read for you to think, decide and do like an entrepreneur, the book offers a valuable inspiration and noteworthy examples for you to develop actionable checklists for creating a remarkable product and marketing.
by W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne
Blue Ocean Strategy explores the ideas that help you get out of the red ocean and move to the blue ocean where you rule the market, free of competition to thrive and succeed. Equip yourself to know the tools to create an uncontested market by reconstructing the market boundaries, focus on big picture, create new demand and achieve exponential results having right strategy.
by Seth Godin
We all know that human beings respond to stories better than any other alternative known to the mankind as it makes human brain easier to remember and connect with the stories emotionally. The book will teach you about the importance of authentic storytelling and how to create one.
We will load the curriculum faster than you complete the above courses.